Hear ye, hear ye… Gather round… and all that jazz… er, rock, as the case may be.
It is time for another official Matticus proclamation!
A new Tug of War is about to be announced!
Like so many other things here in the kingdom, this tug-of-war is going to start with a reference to music:
“Rock and roller cola wars, I can’t take it anymore.”
– Billy Joel “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
If you hadn’t already guessed it, the question that needs answering, the question we are going to solve once and for all is: Which is the best soda/pop/cola/tasty beverage of sugar and caffeine? Is it Coke? Is it Pepsi?
But, before we begin the game, here are some rules (because all games must have rules, except Calvinball, of course):
1) Read the prompt. (I know what you are thinking, “Reading, bleh, who wants to do that.” But if you don’t read the prompt then you won’t be able to fully play along.)
2) Choose a side. (You have to pick a side in tug-of-war, that’s kind of important.)
3) Write a post that supports your decision. (We don’t need an essay, and we don’t give bonus points for brevity either. However, we will be your friend if you do something creative.) (You can also just leave your answer as a comment though in cases where a tie-breaker is needed, I’m going to count comments as only half a pulling point.)
4) Link back to this post so the moderator can count your support correctly. (If you are super awesome and choose to play along and write a post.)
5) There is no fifth rule – just seemed like there needed to be another one – oh, wait, I know: The fifth rule of Matticus Kingdom Tug-of-War is “You do talk about it.” To anyone and everyone. That’d be great.
The winning side will be the one that gets the most support, and their reward will be the knowledge that they chose wisely and eternal fame across the kingdom.
You have two weeks to get your support behind either Coke or Pepsi. The first week of September I will begin to tally up the support and write up another post announcing the winner.
The Kingdom is throwing its support behind Coke.
I will admit that in a blind taste test I did a couple years ago, I got them wrong and thought Pepsi was Coke and vice versa, but when I know what I’m drinking I prefer the taste of Coke. Is that psychological? Probably. Is it solely because I grew up in a Coke household? Most likely. Is it because I call everything that is a soda “coke?” Well, yes, that’s maybe part of it too. But, for the purpose of this tug of war, I’m going to argue it call comes down to the sweetness. Pepsi is sweeter and when I reach for a coke, or a coffee, or a beer, I’d rather have it be bitter. I like my food sweet but my drinks bitter. I’m a big ol’ weirdo like that… but… Jester… so, it is what it is.
Now come on all you faithful kingdomites! What is your favorite soda and why? Let’s get this tug-of-war going!
In case you were wondering, this is the fourth official tug of war. The first one settled that chicken and egg thing, the second one explored an important part of childhood, and the third one settled the ultimate Marvel verse DC comic battle.