I don’t know how it is in your part of the world these days, but here in the kingdom we are suffering from June gloom. May was all bright, sunny, hot, and then June 1st rolled around and the world flipped a switch – cold, dreary mornings full of heavy fog that may or may not burn off so you can see the sun for a few minutes in the afternoon.
But then!! (cue the dramatic music) Merry sent me some sunshine!!
Post the Sunshine Award logo.
Accept the nomination and link back to the nominator.
Answer the 11 questions.
Create 11 new questions.
Nominate ten other blogs and inform them of the nomination.
1. Have you ever talked to the wildlife in your yard?
Of course. Usually just the hummingbirds that come to visit. My cats, however, talk to everything that finds its way into our little backyard.
2. What is your middle name?
The Matticus Kingdom… seems pretty obvious to me…
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
Recess. Does that count? I really enjoyed my mechanical drawing classes in high school. I enjoyed most of my sociology and psychology classes in college. But, can I count those, they seem a bit obvious as my minor and major? I’m not sure how to answer this question I guess. I wasn’t the biggest fan of school.
4. Name one blogger that you think is funny. (No, it doesn’t have to be me, although how nice would that be!)
Merry makes me laugh so hard some time she snorts coffee out of her nose. Yeah. That’s right.
5. Do you think it is true that dogs smile?
All animals can smile!
6. Can you pick things up with your toes?
7. Have you ever written a check your ass can’t cash?
8. Beatles or Rolling Stones?
Stones… because while the Beatles were wanting to hold hands, the Stones were spending the night together. (Merry, I’ll change my answer if my current one nullifies our friendship.)
9. Do you know how to do the Funky Chicken?
Officially? Probably not. But I can definitely flap my arms around in mimicry of what I think it is supposed to be.
10. What was your first car?
11. Do you believe that if all the raindrops were lollipops and gumdrops, oh what a world it would be?
What a world, what a world, what a super sweet and wonderful world. 😉 Yeah, it’d be pretty awesome. I mean, the dentists would be making bank off all the cavities, but everyone would certainly be nicer to everyone else. I’m assuming we can melt down the lollipops and gumdrops to get the liquid sustenance we need to survive, right?
My questions for the nominees:
1. Do you have a Spotless Mind and therefore receive the benefits of Eternal Sunshine? (In other words, is ignorance truly bliss?)
2. Have you ever met a Rain Man? Or any other sort of weather controlling person for that matter?
3. What’s your idea of The Perfect Storm?
4. What song do you start with when you are Singing in the Rain?
5. When you’ve had to move in the past, were you happy with your mode of transportation or do you wish you could have Gone with the Wind?
6. Are you a Little Miss Sunshine?
7. Did you play Twister as a kid? Do you still play it? What’s your favorite “party” game?
8. Do you enjoy a good Hard Rain or are you more of a drizzle person?
9. Do you know any Windtalkers? I know at least two people who can burp the alphabet…
10. Have you ever gotten to enjoy the sight of Snow Falling on Cedars?
11. How would you define Tequila Sunrise?
(drum roll please) And the nominees are….
These wonderful bloggers always seem to be brightening up my day. Go check them out, and see for yourself, especially if you too have some June gloom you are trying to shake off.