I guess you have been entertained…
The Matticus Kingdom has been nominated for a couple more awards. Once again, as court jester and chief scribe (among other things) the responsibility falls on me to graciously accept these nominations and carry out the instructions that come with them.
(Did you see what I did there – In two sentences I managed two pingbacks for each of my award bestower type people. They teach you those sorts of tricks in jester school.)
Second piece of business:
Rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank and Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
7 things about me:
1) My name is
Inigo Montoya Matticus, you would like my father, prepare to be amazed.
2) I have survived the 3 dangers of the
Fire Swamp Southern California living: lightning sand Death Valley, flame spurts Santa Ana Winds, and the ROUS’s California Desert Tortoise (their beaks are really sharp!).
3) I have
6 5 fingers on both my left and right hands.
4) I think masks are terribly
5) I don’t think I will ever grow tired of quoting Princess Bride.
6) I’ve spent the past few years building up a tolerance for
iocane powder spicy Thai food.
7) I always have fun storming
the castle, the Qwikimart, the highlands, the OK Corral, the beach volleyball court.
Rules of the Shine On Award:
“This award is for the blogs that shine, make you feel good and are inspiring to the reader.”
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate fifteen bloggers who shine a little light in your day and be sure to notify them.
- Share some facts about yourself or answer questions given to you.
Questions from twindaddy and my answers:
- Who is your favorite comedian? Why? – Robin Williams because “Nanu-Nanu!”
- You try to silently let out a fart to relieve the pressure building up but, OOPS, it was a shart. What do you do now? – Nothing, it’s my kingdom and I can shart if I want to.
- Did you watch the Academy Awards? Why or why not? – No, partially because I forgot they were on (unbelievable with all the press they had ahead of time, I know) and partially because I was watching an NCIS marathon instead.
- If you could have any person, alive or dead, guest post on your blog who would it be? – Stephen King
- You’re just standing there, minding your own business, when suddenly you feel your pants fall down to your ankles. You’ve been pantsed. What do you do? How do you get back at the asshole that did it? – Nothing, because it’s my Kingdom and I’ll just play it off as I’m starting a new fashion trend – the pants around your ankles look is going to be all the rage in the spring. (Secretly, though, the perpetrator will be dealt with – I have people for that.)
Third times a charm:
Versatile Blogger Award Nominations:
Shine On Award Nominations:
2) Princess Rosebud
(I never was very good at math, or following directions): 8 + 9 = 15, right?)
Questions for the Shine On nominees:
1) Have you ever sent a message by fox?
2) Have you ever worn tights and sung a song about it?
3) Unlike some Robin Hoods, can you speak in a real English accent?
4) Do you have a band of merry men? If yes, have you ever sent for them? If no, why not?
5) Have you ever blessed everything around you just so you could drink?
6) Bonus question: Have you ever dated someone who wore a chastity belt?