For a limited time, we will be opening up the kingdom for a tug-of-war tournament. Depending on the success of this round, we may make this a semi-regular event.
The rules (because all games must have rules, except Calvinball, of course):
1) Read the prompt. (I know what you are thinking, “Reading, bleh, who wants to do that. But if you don’t read the prompt then you won’t be able to fully play along.”
2) Choose a side. (You have to pick a side in tug-of-war, that’s kind of important.)
3) Write a post that supports your decision. (We don’t need an essay, and we don’t give bonus points for brevity either. However, we will be your friend if you do something creative.) (Kim also says you can just leave your answer as a comment and since she is awesome we are going to allow that.)
4) Link back to this post so the moderator can count your support correctly. (Okay, you called our bluff, we’ll be your friend if you play along at all.)
5) There is no fifth rule – just seemed like there needed to be another one – oh, wait, I know: The fifth rule of Matticus Kingdom Tug-of-War is “You do talk about it.” To anyone and everyone. That’d be great.
The winning side will be the one that gets the most support, and their reward will be the knowledge that they chose wisely and eternal fame across the kingdom.
Doesn’t this sound like fun?
Many thanks to Kim and Rara for helping come up with and formulate this idea. They are amazing. Go forth and check out their pages. That’s not an order, per se, but it is an official edict. (Yes, there is a difference.)
For the inaugural game, we have chosen the prompt: Which came first – the chicken or the egg?
The Matticus Kingdom is throwing our support behind “the egg.” We have concluded that there must have been a mutation at some point along the way where a prior species of animal created an egg that became the world’s first chicken. That’s all very science-y, right? That’s how we roll. Well, science and magic anyway… they are kind of the same thing.
You want to play, right?
- Choose a side
- Make a post and link it back to this one
- Or leave a convincing argument in the comments
(Rara, in her infinite wisdom has decreed there should be an offical timeframe related to when the winner will be announced…. yeah, she’s a smarty like that.)
The ruling powers here in the Kingdom have decided that participants have one week (a full seven days) to throw their support behind one of the two answers.
Our official counter (yeah, we have a guy for that) will add them up and then one of our minions will post the results on 3/1/2013: bestowing glory upon the winners.
And, we’ll all live in a better world for finally having solved one of the oldest problems to plague our thoughts.