Not Quite Alice, that may be true, but she’s definitely Awesome.
She popped out of the rabbit hole and chucked a One Lovely Blogger award at me. It looks like this:
While I was ducking that award, a crazy psychedelic tiger wrestled me to the ground and forced a Liebster Award upon me. This one, to be exact:
It’s true. I’ve been Liebstered and there is nothing I can do about it.
My challenge to you, dear readers is to step off my blog for a moment and read these great posts:
Back already? Weren’t those great? And you went ahead and clicked the little follow button on both of their pages? Nicely done.
Questions? Questions? We don’t need no stinkin’ questions:
1. What is your favorite song?
How many people can actually answer that? One favorite? How about this: favorite Springsteen song: No surrender; favorite Blink 182 song: Stockholm Syndrome; favorite Foo Fighter song: Best of You; favorite Killers song: Sam’s Town (Abby Road version); favorite Tiesto song: Just Be, favorite Crystal Method song: Name of the Game, favorite Johnny Cash song: Jackson, do you want more? I can keep going…
2. What was the last thing you ate?
A cinnamon and raisin bagel, a banana, and some strawberries: breakfast of champions.
3. Do you prefer to read from an eReader or a paper copy?
Paper copy for the moment.
4. List your five favorite movies?
Five? Only one song, but you are okay with five “favorite” movies? That just doesn’t make any sense. So, here are the first five(ish) I can think of at the moment: Tombstone, Braveheart, LOTR Trilogy, Troy, Open Range, Dances with Wolves, Crash, Spiderman 2, Bladerunner….
5. What writing project are you working on now?
I’m working on three:
An epic fantasy called Ascursion – it’s done, I just need to write up a synopsis, cover letter, etc… and figure out where I want to submit it.
I’m in the process of editing a backpacker, mystery, intrigue sort of story that I wrote for NaNoWriMo 2012. You can find it here.
I’m just a few chapters away from finishing writing a comedy western. You can see what I’ve posted for that so far here.
6. Are you allergic to anything?
Penicillan and Amoxycillian – and I’m sure I’ve absolutely butchered the spelling of both. It’s probably something I should know how to do considering I’m allergic, but… since I’m allergic I’ve never had any bottles of them sitting around.
7. Do you have any real life stories that start with, “This one time at camp…”
Yes. Tons. Here’s a sample:
This one time at a camp we used aerosol bug spray pooled in our hands to create little torches. Then one of us got the brilliant idea to try doing the same thing on our feet. It’s not as easy to clap out the flame when it is on your feet… Running through camp seemed to do the trick okay though.
This one time at camp our scheduled night out in the woods (away from the main part of camp) coincided with a meteor shower. As we lay out on our ground tarps the whole heavens opened up for us in a fantastic light show.
This one time at camp we found a trail that led from our camp to a neighboring camp. Oh, the shenanigans we had planned, until we realized the trail dead ended at the end of their shotgun range.
8. How do you handle telemarketers?
I don’t have a home phone and I don’t answer calls on my cell phone from numbers I don’t recognize. It’s been a long time since I’ve talked to a telemarketer.
9. When was the last time you wrote someone a letter by hand and mailed it?
Last month – all of my thank you letters for Christmas cards and gifts.
10. Besides writing, do you have any other artsy talents?
Some people have said that I was a pretty good DJ…
7 Facts about me:
1. The force is not strong with me.
2. Snickers is my favorite candy bar.
3. My truck has almost 200,000 miles on it.
4. I broke my wrist in high school rollerblading.
5. Spiders creep me out.
6. There was a time in my life where I could have very happily become a hermit.
7. I think there is real magic in this world just waiting to be found.
The One Lovely Blog Award Nominations are:
The Liebster Award Nominations are:
And my questions for them:
1. If you were a knight, what would your knightly name be?
2. What is your quest? (What is the purpose of your blog? What do you write? What do you get out of it?)
3. What is your favorite color? (Seriously just asking about your favorite color.)
4. What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? (This is sort of a bonus question – Google or Wikipedia might be able to help. I will accept an answer for either the African or European variety.)
5. What is your favorite Monty Python movie or sketch? And why? (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge…)
6. How much do you hate lists? (You can answer this question any way you like: comparison, a picture representation, with a list, a number on a scale (out of 5 out of 10 out of 42), etc…)
7. If you were a woodchuck, how much wood would you chuck? (See question 6 for suggestions on acceptable answers.)
8. If you could be any character from TV or film, who would you be and why? (Moe from the Simpsons so you could own your own bar? Princess Leia from Star Wars because she looks good and knows how to fight? Or Beatrix A Kiddo from Kill Bill for that matter? Indiana Jones because he is awesome? etc…)
42 thoughts on “help, help, I’ve been Liebstered”
thank-you so much for the award and thnkyou for introducing me to other interesting blogs
You’re very welcome! Hopefully you’ll find some good ones and some other’s will find you.
Thank you kindly! 🙂
You’re kindly welcome. 😉
I feel bad, I think I have been given awards before and forgotten to follow up. Thank you for the nom, and I promise you (and anyone else who sent me something) to do my homework this week.
But what’s up with all the questions? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition in the blog-world. Or do they?
Hey, I don’t make the rules, and I don’t really follow them either, but they are there to be tweaked as you see fit, I guess… So, if you weren’t prepared for them (like most people aren’t prepared for the Spanish Inquisition), then feel free to change up your response as you see fit. I’m pretty sure that will be okay. Possibly. Maybe.
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
You know… I keep hearing that. In fact, I’ve heard it so much, that I do kind of expect it now. The door is open, come on in.
Well don’t expect the Spanish Inquisition. Then they know to stay away. And stop lying to yourself. No one means no one, dammit!
LOL. Okay, okay, you caught me. I never really expect it either, I just wanted to sound cool. *for shame*
And thanks for the nomination 🙂
You’re very welcome!
Well thank you – this is a lovely surprise!
Yay! You accepted the award! Congrats on the other one too. 🙂
You twisted my arm pretty good. How could I not accept?! 😛 Thanks again for the nomination and for always checking out my posts and commenting and everything else.
Thanks for the shout out! I truly appreciate it!
Not a problem! Keep on adventuring. 😉
Waw, that just made my day ;).
Your questions are fun and I am bummed I didn’t get to answer them! 🙂
But, you’ve been nominated, so of course you can answer them. 😉
Oh, goodness! I will have to check it out!
Not that I am complaining, but can I take the other award instead? I have a pair of Liebsters already. No? Well, like you can stop me. Watch me still the award and run away laughing. Bwahahahahaha!
How so you know so much about swallows?
You have to know these things when you’re a king you know.
I don’t have a favourite MP film, they’re all pretty good. Fave moments are ‘I’m not dead!’, and ‘she has HUGE tracks of land’, and ‘he’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy.’ I am always telling hubby to ‘stop that bloody singing’.
Have you ever seen a movie called The Plank? Another classic Brittish comedy. It’s hilarious.
Have not seen The Plank – will have to try to find that one now, thanks for the recommendation.
I like to spout out with “She turned me into a newt” and then pause, and then sheepishly say “I got betta,” pretty much anytime I hurt myself: stub a toy, twist an ankle, catch a cold, etc… Monty Python have given us so many classic lines.
the whole thing is on YouTube. Trust me, stick with it. If you love Monty Python you’ll love this
Congratulations! And thank you!
You need to tell more of those camp stories, they cracked me up 🙂
Reading your questions 4 & 5 made me chuckle at the idiots standing on top of the cstle walls arguing about the speed of swallows 😉
And my fav Monty Python scene is where fights with the black knight. Cuts off his leg. “Oh, it’s just a flesh wound. And – I want a…..shrubbery!!!
Say no more say no more 🙂
PS – congrats on the awards 🙂
Congrats on being Liebstered!
Congratulations with your award! Enjoy.. : )
This is for you, for being kind to others and me, http://www.bigcards.nl/card/pickup/bc-c7cf3c10/
Sweet Valentine greetings, Summer
😀 Thank you, thank you!
[…] is the funniest movie EVAR?? The Plank. I was recently having this discussion over on thematticuskingdom. I wonder if he’s watched it yet? Well anyway, It’s my all time favourite. Here it is […]
Thankyou for the nomination!! 😀 i should upload a post soon!!
You’re very welcome. 😀
ps: Congratulations on the awards!! 😀
[…] themselves want they want to do to go along with the nomination. You can see what I did before here if you are looking for some more clearly defined instructions. […]