(FYI – you probably shouldn’t yell that in a crowded building.)
If my home was on fire, and all my loved ones (people and animals) were already safe, here are the five items I would grab.
Option A (unrealistic – but I’d probably try it anyway):
1. A bandana – which I would quickly soak in water and then wrap around my face, covering my nose and mouth.
2. A bucket – which I would fill with water to both throw at the fire and help me re-soak the bandana as needed.
3. A water hose – which I would turn on and then set it up so it would continually spray onto my roof.
4. A second water hose – which I would carry with me and use to hose down everything I possibly could.
5. A heavy blanket – to use to put out hot spots, or wrap around me to protect against the heat if I’m forced to retreat and give it up as a lost cause.
Option B (logical):
1. Passports and other ID stuff
3. Wedding rings
4. Wedding album
5. My wife’s jewelry box
Option C (sentimental):
1. The printed and in the process of editing version of the fantasy novel (Ascursion) I’ve been working on for 5 years.
2. The printed and in the process of editing version of my NaNoWriMo project (Sierra Storm) from last year.
3. The “green” set script from “Tombstone.”
4. The one of a kind dub plates that are part of my record collection.
5. My Manchester United, Boca Juniors, and Los Angeles Galaxy jerseys.
Which option do you think I should really go with?