“Thank you, http://thematticuskingdom.wordpress.com/, for your encouragement and your brilliant writing, fellow NaNo!”
Until recently I had decided that I wasn’t going to accept awards anymore (due to the funny math behind them and the eventuality that they would take over the world – 15 x 15 x 15 x 15 x 15 x 15 = well, you get the idea. Unchecked, award nominations and responses would takeover the blogosphere.) However, then I met a dinosaur named Rarasaur and her thoughts on the subject helped to change my mind. So, I humbly accept this nomination (with a few modifications). My fondest wish is that I inspire people with my words as much as they inspire me with theirs.
There are 5 rules and the number of the rules is 5. Not 3, nor 4, nor 6… And they are as follows:
1.) Display the award logo on your blog.
- Done. See above… or below where my awards and other such nonsense are stored.
2.) Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Done. See Blog it or Lose it link above and check out their page: lots of wonderful stuff going on.
3.) State 7 things about yourself.
- I have blue eyes.
- I like blue shirts.
- I like blue ties.
- What do you mean those are all things someone can see from my Gravatar?
- I like that song about the blue house and the blue windows and the blue corvette, where everything is blue.
- I especially like the part about the blue corvette!
- I also like that Blue Monday song. That’s funny today is Monday!
4.) Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
- http://kodiakmylittlegrizzly.com/2013/01/16/pachyderm/ was the first post I read about Kodi, and then I went on to read almost everything else. Such an amazing, troubling, touching story. To find out more you can go here.
- http://thefoodiefarmer.wordpress.com/about/ and I started out disagreeing on a subject, and that was okay. Now I gobble up everything on offer and you should too.
- http://purnimodo.wordpress.com/about/ inspires me to write better and to see the world through all sorts of sets of eyes. Ever felt like a dinosaur or just wondered about your place in the universe? Yeah, she covers those and everything in between.
- http://fortyoneteen.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/starting-over-an-intolerance-to-resolutions/ has a way with words and comedy. Careful, you might get hooked.
- http://winedrinkingmummy.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/26365-one-photo-per-day-challenge-lessons-plus-others-photo-challenge-love/ for words and pictures working in harmony. I’ve nominated Jo before and I’m sure I will again.
- http://hippiecahier.com/about/ isn’t really a hippie, and she’ll tell you so herself. She definitely does have a way about her though.
- http://qtheadult.wordpress.com/about/ has some wonderful things to say. You know what follows “P?” That’s right: Q
5.) Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by pingback.
What do you mean I didn’t nominate 15 bloggers? I may not be too good at this whole math thing but there are definitely 15 links up there under rule #4. I think that should suffice.
To the 7 (15) wonderful bloggers I’ve nominated. You have all inspired me through your words and pictures, through your interpretation of the world around us and through the way you present that in your little sections of our blogosphere. Don’t feel under any obligation to accept these awards if you don’t want to, but know that I think you are definitely deserving of it. You are Very Inspiring.